"I think a lot of us have realized that being a nerd... it's not about what you love but how you love it" - Wil Wheaton.Reasons why I find it awesome to be a nerd
1. // I'm never bored!! My house is filled with toys, computers, video games and board games. I bake nerdy inspired things. I'm a total bento nerd. I'm even a tea nerd! I'm a nerd everything. Nope, never bored. Who has time to be bored?
2. // You can always be yourself, or Batman. Translation? Sometimes it's fun to dress up as someone else, especially someone you love from a movie/show/comic. I do this often. And love the compliments I get from fellow fans at conventions and parties. It's why I do it.
3. // - To meet other nerds! It's fun being super into something, but like I stated above it's even more awesome to find others who enjoy it too. I think this is my favorite aspect of being a nerd.
4. // Because there is always more to learn! Fandoms keep the things we love going. Things evolve and change and develop. Firefly is still extremely popular, despite it's premature cancellation. Pokemon is still creating new games and shows 13 years after it's initial release. Spiderman and other comic heroes have had countless reincarnations. Magic-The-Gathering has made yet another come-back. Vinyl records are big again. I've got my POGs ready for when those make a comeback.
5. // Because It's how I've met all of you.
What are some reasons you find being a nerd is awesome?
What are some things you nerd out over? Books? Sci-fi? Blogging? Tell me in the comments below.