Birthday WishlistTuesday, December 31, 2013
My 26th birthday is less than 2 weeks away! January 12! We're having a small board game night at my favorite comic book store for my birthday with some friends. I can't wait! My husband & family have asked what I want this year. Am I really that hard to shop for?
1. // This amazing print of The Will & Honest Cat from Saga issue #4 - The Portal 2 poster is out of print, but I went ahead and put it on this list because of how much I love it.
2. // A stuffed JiJi from Kiki's delivery service. A local anime shop has one that my I've pointed out to my husband. *wink wink nudge*
3. // Lying Cat aka Honest Cat women's shirt from Image Comics. SADLY - These are also out of print!! *cries*
4. // Everything's Coming up Milhouse! Probably one of the greatest things ever. I love Thinkgeek shirts. They're some of the few shirt companies that make a women's size that fits my broad figure.
5. // These awesome Star Wars & Star Trek mugs from Society6.
6. // X-men's Beast & The Yellow Submarine's Captain Fred POP! Vinyl toys.
7. // Sunglasses: http://www.necessaryclothing.com/ivy-quay-sunglasses-black-o-s.html
8. // 365 Things to Draw 2014 Daily Calendar, perfect for my office desk.
9. // Zebra Disposable Brush Pen & the Pentel Pocket Brush Pen for drawing.
10 // A Metolius board for practicing my climbing holds at home. I've gotten really obsessed with rock climbing lately. I go to the indoor climbing gym 4-6 days a week.
One of the big downsides to having a birthday so close to the holidays is that I rarely get anything other than money for my birthday. I think the exhaustion from the holidays lead people to want to avoid the stores for a while. Since Hanukkah was more than a month ago, and we didn't exchange any presents for Christmas, I'm hoping this year will prompt my family to do something fun and give me some actual presents to unwrap!
Did you get anything cool for the holidays? What do you think about birthdays that are close to holidays? Total bummer, or awesome?