Happy New Year! -- My 2014 GoalsWednesday, January 01, 2014
Happy New Year everyone! Time for one of those "new year, new you blah blah" posts. I touched base with this a few days ago but here are my goals for this next year. (caution, the below video is super loud).
2. // Draw more. Part of this is due to lack of time (see above) but I barely draw anymore and that totally bums me out. I've been stocking up on new drawing supplies and tweaking my Wacom settings. I've started up a sketch tumblr again, so hopefully it keeps me motivated enough to continue my drawing!
3. // Improve my photography skills. I plan to take some classes on how to use my camera better, as well as learn how to use Lightroom and better my Photoshop skills.
4. // Get over my fear of crowds, especially the Post Office. I know, you must be thinking, "Steff, you have a fear of the post office?" Yes! It's dimly lit, crowded, full of miserable people and angry workers. I get pretty bad anxiety attacks every time I go and try and avoid it at all costs. Sometimes pushing off mailing things for months until I can drag someone to go with me. I've been getting better though. Still, crowded places freak me out. So it's my goal to get over this irrational fear this year.
5. // Get back into optimal convention shape. I put on a lot of pudge this year. However, I've been pretty active lately and hoping to lean back into shape for those skimpy summer convention costumes. I have a couple ideas in the works.
6. // Eat more veggies. This! I hate veggies. Well, raw veggies. The crunch is something I am not a fan of. Cooked down or blended veggies I love. But lettuce and I do not get along. Let's see how many new veggies I can learn to love in 2014.
7. // Get the bedroom organized and under control. All of our apartment has been organized, decorated and made to feel homey. The bedroom on the other hand is a dumping ground, cluttered with laundry and boxes. We're hoping to move out by July, but I really want to get this room under control before then.
What are your goals for 2014?